Balance is ending foreclosure with a more affordable and flexible way to own a home. Come build a category-defining company and $1T asset class with us.
Applications & referrals: email@example.com
We're looking for an ambitious Sales Specialist to help scale our rapidly growing customer base. You'll engage with prospective customers to help them understand the value of Balance while iterating our pitch, building repeatable sales processes, and honing our offering.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing startup from the earliest stage and to have a direct impact on the operating model and culture.
- Support inbound homeowners throughout our sales funnel
- Educate, qualify, and set clear expectations via phone, email and SMS
- Pipeline organization and collaboration; ensure nothing falls thru the cracks
- Identify opportunities from customer conversations
- Generate materials and content for homeowners
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in ops, sales, or support at a fast-growing company
- Ability to get customers to yes while making complicated concepts simple
- Eager to take ownership and independently-run with sales leads and opportunities
- Excited about working at a fast-growing startup at its earliest stage
- Effective communicator, proficient in verbal and written communications
- Skilled at organization and time management with a strong customer service orientation
- Team-oriented mindset, compassion, patience, empathy, understanding & love
- Above all: Relentless resourcefulness
- Loan or mortgage experience
- Comfortable performing data analysis and tracking KPIs
- Experience building with low-code and no-code tools
- Experience with financial services or residential real estate
Working at Balance
Lean & ambitiously chill team
Make a real impact: preserve household wealth & prevent housing insecurity at scale
Unbounded opportunity in each role
Flexible, remote-friendly culture
We’re an 8-person team of scrappy, mission driven individuals focused on ending foreclosure with a new way to own. We’re growing fast and looking for teammates to have an active hand in defining our company’s culture. You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’re a team player, always ready to collaborate and give feedback
- You’re excited to be involved in all aspects of the product
- You’re scrappy! You love proactively finding solutions to problems and you’ve got a get-it-done mindset
At Balance, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
We're cultivating an inclusive and sustainable workplace backed by excellent benefits:
- Ownership - Meaningful early-stage equity in Balance
- Healthcare - 100% paid Medical, Vision & Dental
- 401k - 100% of contributions matched up to 3% of salary; 50% matched up to 5%
- Unlimited Time Off - Manage to your work, take the flexibility
- Remote work stipend - $250/mo to fix up your workspace or join a co-working space
- Anything else you're looking for? - Let us know!
How do I get in touch?
Send your profile over to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply
Where is Balance located?
We’re building a fully remote team and have teammates in California, Florida and the UK
Do you consider part-time?
We have a strong preference for full-time, but we're open to shaping positions for candidates committed to joining full-time over the long term.
How are you funded?
We recently closed a $6.8M seed round with top-tier investors.
What is the compensation?
Balance offers competitive compensation for top-tier candidates and a growing set of benefits.