Balance is ending foreclosure with a more affordable and flexible way to own a home. Come build a category-defining company and $1T asset class with us.
Applications & referrals: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Founding Engineer at Balance, you'll rebuild home financing from first principles. You will have the opportunity to develop the foundational systems, tools, and processes that power a more flexible and affordable form of home ownership. You'll play a key part in defining and developing many critical systems that power the product, including the growth platform, pricing capabilities, ownership ledgers, payments & money movement systems, and more.
- Play a key role in selecting our technology stack and making architecture decisions as we scale.
- Build out core platform to power the product, spanning growth work, vendor integrations, internal process automation, and consumer facing products to power applications and co-ownership.
- Set the standard for what "great" looks like for Balance, including code quality, observability & maintenance, testing, the full development lifecycle and team culture.
- Experience with Node, Python, Go, or similar
- Open to learning new technologies as we evolve
- Excited about collaboration and working at a fast-growing startup
- Relentless resourcefulness
- Bonus points
- Experience building with low-code and no-code tools
- Experience with financial services or residential real estate
- Eager to grow and lead new projects
Working at Balance
Lean & ambitiously chill team
Unbounded opportunity in each role
Make a real impact: preserve household wealth & prevent housing insecurity at scale
Flexible, remote-friendly culture
We're cultivating an inclusive and sustainable workplace backed by excellent benefits:
- Ownership - Meaningful early-stage equity in Balance
- Healthcare - 100% paid Medical, Vision & Dental
- 401k - 100% of contributions matched up to 3% of salary; 50% matched up to 5%
- Unlimited Time Off - Manage to your work, take the flexibility
- Remote work stipend - $250/mo to spend however you'd like
- Anything else you're looking for? - Let us know!
We’re a team of scrappy, mission driven individuals focused on ending foreclosure with a new way to own. We’re growing fast and looking for teammates to have an active hand in defining our company’s culture. You’ll be a great fit if:
- You’re a team player, always ready to collaborate and give feedback
- You’re a self-starter who is eager to ship code
- You’re excited to be involved in all aspects of the product
- You’re scrappy! You love proactively finding solutions to problems and you’ve got a get-it-done mindset
At Balance, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
How do I get in touch?
Send your profile over to email@example.com to apply
Where is Balance located?
We’re building a fully remote team and have teammates in California, Texas, Virginia, Florida and the UK
Do you consider part-time?
We have a strong preference for full-time, but we're open to shaping positions for candidates committed to joining full-time over the long term.
How are you funded?
We recently closed a $6.8M seed round with top-tier investors.
What is the compensation?
Balance offers competitive compensation for top-tier candidates and a growing set of benefits.